сряда, 7 декември 2011 г.

Важни въпроси...

Must my newborn receive the hepatitis B vaccine in order to be released from the hospital? No, absolutely not. But if hospital officials contend otherwise, request to see the state law that requires it (there is none).

What can I do if a school official tells me something I don’t think is accurate? When in doubt, ask them for the law that supports the request they’re making.

My doctor said that she won’t treat my baby unless he’s fully vaccinated. 1) Can she refuse to treat my child? 2) Am I legally required to have my child vaccinated? Firstly, yes, we have heard of a number of doctors refusing to accept or keep children as patients because of the parents’ vaccination decisions (though we don’t know if such a refusal has ever been challenged in court). Secondly, vaccines are not required for babies, though some are currently recommended by the Department of Public Health. They become requirements only when children enter daycare or school, at which point medical and religious exemptions are honored if appropriate. Beyond that, if your doctor refuses to treat your child, it might be time to find a new doctor.

I think my child has had a reaction to a vaccine, but my doctor said it was nothing. What can I do? Your doctor is required by law to report all adverse events that occur within 30 days after vaccination to federal health authorities. If your doctor refuses, or if you want to add your own report, you have the right to do so.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар